The Buying & Selling Process
To learn the "mechanics" of buying & selling wine on our platform, please take a look at our easy step-by-step guides. Depending on your preferred learning style, you can either read the written instructions or watch the video demonstrations:
The Voice of Experience
If you're looking for some practical tips about how to be a canny buyer or a smart seller, please take a look these two sections from our FAQ guidance:
Cellartrade vs. Bid for Wine
If you're an existing Bid for Wine user considering making the switch to Cellartrade, here are the top eight reasons to join us:
- Our modern responsive website makes buying & selling a pleasure on phones & tablets as well as PCs.
- Our bigger sharper photos let sellers showcase their wines better, and let buyers appraise them more accurately.
- Our buyer & seller "dashboards" let you track all transaction messages, payment and shipping information from a single webpage. A real timesaver.
- Lower seller commission fees, with generous further discounts for regular sellers.
- Simpler & faster auction listing process (one webpage rather than three).
- No extra listing fees for setting Starting Prices, Reserve Prices or Buy Now prices. Total flexibility.
- Total freedom to set the exact auction start and finish times you want. Bliss.
- The snazzy live countdown timer adds to the auction excitement!
In the interests of full disclosure, there are two Bid for Wine features that are not available on our platform - and we have no plans to introduce them:
- Multi-lot auction creation is not supported.
- "Buy Now or Highest Offer" auctions are not supported.